The shells I found out snorkeling. 3- Queen Conch Shells and 1 other one that I don't know the name of, it is the one with the black creature in it. When we got back to the island I cooked the shells in boiling water for 5-10 minutes and then tried to pull the creature out, it would not budge and I had to leave it behind when we went home, the fish can clean it out and someone else will have a lovely shell. I couldn't get the animal out of a few smaller shells that I had found and threw them back in the water below our cabin to let the fish eat at them. Two days later I went to check on them again and they were gone, stolen by some hermit crabs and they left their old shells there, dumb hermit crabs! I did find one of them 1 day later and got my revenge, I now have my shell back minus the crab!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment